New York City's floating concert hall - BARGEMUSIC is moored in Brooklyn just under the Brooklyn Bridge, Bargemusic presents great music year-round. Upcoming Here and Now Series concert on September 14th features clarinetist Thomas Piercy and Chen Yihan, piano.
- Tomo Hirayama “People, Coming and Going” for Clarinet (*US Premiere)
- Yasunoshin Morita “ReincarnatiOn Ring IXd” for Clarinet and Ipods (*US Premiere)
- Shoichi Yabuta “Sonata” for Clarinet (*US Premiere)
- Joji Yuasa “Solitude” for Clarinet
- Jean Patrick Besingrand “Izanagi” for Clarinet (*US Premiere)
- Chen Yihan “Trio” for Guanzi, Yangqin and Piano (*World Premiere)
- Jin Hee Han “Duo” for Clarinet and Piano (*World Premiere)
- Raymond Luedeke “In This World” for Clarinet and Piano (*World Premiere)
- Ned Rorem “Poems without Words” for Clarinet and Piano
Thomas Piercy, clarinet, guanzi; Cheng Jin Koh, yangqin; Chen Yihan, piano
The September 14th "Tokyo to New York" concert on Bargemusic's "Here and Now Series" features new music by Tokyo and NYC composers. They range in age from 25 to 94 years of age, and come from all walks of life and experience: from university students pursuing their doctorate degrees in music to university professors; from composers at the beginning of their professional careers to composers that have won such prominent awards as the Pulitzer Prize, the Grammy Award, the Fulbright Award, the Geneva Award, and the Takemitsu Award. The concert includes several world premieres and United States premieres of music composed for Thomas Piercy. Since 2012, Mr. Piercy has performed over 100 world premieres and numerous Japan and United States premieres in the "Tokyo to New York" concerts, and has had the opportunity to work with the composers programmed in this concert. Composer Morita will travel from Tokyo for the concert, and NYC composers Besingrand, Chen, Han, and Luedeke will also be in attendance.
Friday, September 14, 2018 at 8pm
$40 ($35 Senior, $20 Student)