The third Uncommon Music Festival runs from July 28 to August 5, 2018. This year the schedule includes "The Edge of a Season" as the concert title piece composed by Jonathan Woody on a poem by Carolyn Servid. This year the event will be at Sheet'ka Kwaan Naa Kahidi Community House, 200 Katlian Street, Sitka, Alaska. Every summer, The Uncommon Music Festival brings together young artists and curious audiences in beautiful Sitka, Alaska. The Festival presents the Uncommon Music Ensemble, a 6-person chamber group comprised of a vocal quartet, a piano/organist, and a guitar/lute player in a series of concerts and community engagement events.They are dedicated to uncommon chamber repertoire -- new music, early music, and underperformed music of any age.
Other works include
* Choose Your Ancestors by TJ Anderson
* Godere in gioventù by Barbara Strozzi
* Even After All This Time by Reena Esmail
* Different Ways to Pray by Mohammed Fairouz
* When Lost in the Forest by Joelle Wallach (a favorite from last year!)
Thank you for this gorgeous photo of a different kind of edge, Shane Alexander!